Reliquary of Saint Therese Visits South Africa
June 27-October 5, 2010
On May 5, 2010 the South African Catholic Bishops' Conference announced that the relics of St. Therese will make their first visit to South Africa while that country hosts the 2010 FIFA World Cup. The relics are to arrive on June 27 and remain in the country until October 5.
- St. Therese South Africa 2010
- Church on the Ball, the Web site of the Catholic presence in South Africa during the World Cup
- "Relics of St. Therese to be in South Africa during World Cup." Catholic News Agency, May 6, 2010
- "St. Therese Relics to Visit South Africa for World Cup: Saint's Youth Fan Club Initiates Pilgrimage." zenit.org, May 5, 2010.
- Relics of St. Therese to Visit Umzimkulu Diocese July 29-August 2, 2010
- "The Sanctity of Bones," by Anthony Egan, S.J., of the Jesuit Institute in South Africa
Video about the visit