What happened immediately after the death of St. Therese of Lisieux? October 1, 2016
Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 03:28PM
Maureen O'Riordan in St. Therese of Lisieux, funeral of St. Therese of Lisieux, obituary of St. Therese of Lisieux
A contemporary photo of the first tomb of St. Therese in the Lisieux cemetery
This article tells you:
- how Therese laughingly rehearsed her own funeral
- why, when she was laid out, her body was dressed in an old, worn-out cap
- how Leonie arranged for the habit, cape, veils, and sandals Therese had worn to be saved
- who deliberately burned another pair of Therese's sandals
- where you can see Therese's obituary in her local newspaper and the invitations to her funeral sent by the Carmelites and separately by her family
I published this article on my Facebook page for St. Therese because there the link displays the first photo of St. Therese in death. If you are not a Facebook member, you will still be able to see it. Facebook may greet you with an invitation to join. To decline that invitation, just click "not now." To see the article, please click on this text link: "What happened immediately after the death of St. Therese of Lisieux?" Thank you.
Article originally appeared on Saint Therese of Lisieux (http://www.thereseoflisieux.org/).
See website for complete article licensing information.